Every product purchased removes 1 pound of trash.
Through this multilayered portrait of the American South, discover the soul and secrets of the region from folk artists, social justice reformers, jazz icons, renowned storytellers, pitmaster legends and more. More akin to Kerouac’s notebooks than traditional guidebooks, Wildsam celebrates the mysteries and magic of discovery found both near and far.
Local stories, travel intel, and modern lore including:
- The top meat and threes in the South
- Blues musicians of note
- Intel from a legendary horse jockey
- Notable terrain formations and where to find them
- Scenic drives in every southeastern state
- Illustrated map of Alabama folk art
- An ode to the mint julep
- Essays from Daniel Wallace and Nikole Hannah-Jones
- An interview with a barbecue legend
- The essential list of southern books, films and music
Founded in 2012, Wildsam uses unrivaled local knowledge and soulful storytelling to reveal the marrow of the world’s great places. They shed light on the lesser known, the complex, the real things that lead people into a depth-finder style of travel.