For every product sold, United By Blue removes one pound of trash from our world's oceans and waterways.
We created this company because we wanted to make a bigger, more measurable impact on our oceans and encourage people to do the same. So we stopped simply writing checks and started organizing and hosting these cleanups. We wanted to do our part to clean the waterways ourselves.
That’s also why we take the care to create products that use responsible materials (like recycled polyester, which reuses plastic bottles so they won’t wind up in gyres). If you’d like to help, we’d love to see you at our next cleanup.
SIGN UP FOR A CLEANUP
Hand poured in our hometown of Philadelphia, this soy wax candle has a deep and fresh scent blending together notes of sea salt, minerals and ocean air. Dare we say it smells even better than it looks (though we love the hand-drawn label and colored glass).
- 3 oz. candles burn for 10+ hours
- GMO-free soy wax
- Cotton wicks
- Hand poured in Philadelphia, PA
- Soy wax candles burn cleaner, with no toxins or pollutants. Our soy wax is GMO-free.
- We carefully chose all-natural, American made materials including a cotton wick (instead of a synthetic) and domestic glass and paper
Once your candle’s burned through, here’s how to clean out the wax so you can reuse your glass container:
- Very carefully fill the glass container with boiling water (stop just short of the lip)
- Allow the glass container to soak. Wax will float to the surface and harden as it cools
- Once wax has hardened, remove it from your glass container
- Wash away any remaining wax with soapy water