Assistant Designer - Philadelphia, PA (on-site)
United By Blue is looking for an Assistant Designer to help develop our assortment with a focus on the Men's Apparel line and other categories as needed. If you are passionate about product, experienced in design, love the outdoors/sustainability and align with the mission of our brand, consider joining us to learn more about our highly creative, entrepreneurial environment.
What You’ll Do:
- Facilitate apparel design process by supporting Sr. Design Manager and team in all aspects of the design cycle
- Support season concept and trend research
- Execute seasonal and SMU design development projects as assigned by the Design Manager
- Prepare all men’s tech packs, participate in all communication and follow up with vendor partner
- Set up spec sheets and complete all technical sketches for domestic and overseas programs
- Assist in development and execution of trim and artwork packages
- Maintain knowledge of sustainable fashion, color trends and relevant fabrics and trims
Who You Are:
- You love designing and being around product! 1-2 years of design experience is ideal.
- BA, BFA or BS in Design required.
- Ability to research and report on industry trends, color direction and fabric innovation ahead of season.
- Ability to sketch or digitally communicate design ideas.
- Skilled in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to respond to business objectives with creative and cost-effective design solutions.
- Solid understanding of the United By Blue brand with knowledge of the competitive landscape.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Strong communication and written skills.
- Ability to work well within a small team environment; demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- High sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities.
Please email your resume, portfolio and a brief statement explaining why you feel you’re a good fit for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org.