Assistant Designer - Hard Goods
Overview: United By Blue is looking for an Assistant Designer to help develop our growing product line. If you love the outdoors/sustainability and are passionate about our brand, consider joining us at our Home Office in Philly to learn more about our highly creative, entrepreneurial environment.
What you’ll do:
- Facilitate product design process by supporting Sr. Designer and Creative Design Manager in all aspects of the design cycle for the hard goods category, including ceramics, glassware, home goods, etc.
- “Prepare trend reports and present clear concept board of global product trends seasonally
- Execute specific design development projects as assigned by the designer
- Complete all technical sketches and prepare technical packs for domestic and overseas programs based on seasonal lineplans.
- Set up WIP and linesheets based on seasonal lineplan for all hardgood categories
- Maintain knowledge of sustainable products, color trends, and relevant materials
- Respond to business objectives with creative and cost-effective design solutions.
Manage timelines and samples with all vendors and cross functional partners alongside production team
Who you are:
- You love designing and being around product!
- Ability to research and report on industry trends, color direction and material innovation ahead of season.
- Degree in Product Design, Fashion Design or industrial design.
- Proficient in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
- Ability to sketch or digitally communicate design ideas.
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing, and time management skills.
- Strong communication and written skills.
- Ability to work well within a small team environment; demonstrating strong interpersonal skills.
- High sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities.
- General understanding of product life cycle process from concept to delivery
- Basic technical knowledge of construction and experience in creating technical packs.
- Solid understanding of the United By Blue brand with knowledge of the competitive landscape.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, portfolio, and a brief (3-5 sentences) for why you want to work at United By Blue to firstname.lastname@example.org
About United By Blue:
United By Blue is here to prove that fashion can be a force for good. Through sustainable materials, ethical manufacturing, and a pledge to become plastic-free (we’re almost there), we're always searching for better ways to put the planet first. We’re a Certified B Corporation, and we’re committed to creating a culture that is driven by social and environmental good.
We have a high-energy, results-oriented office environment built on creative thinking. Our offices are dog-friendly, and we get really good coffee supplied by our flagship store and cafe down the road. We’re partial to team potlucks, happy hours, volunteer opportunities, and our yearly team nature retreat. Our HQ roles are currently all remote due to Covid-19 safety measures, but our offices are open to those who need access to product samples, the photo studio, and other resources.