This full-time position works closely with the Kitchen Manager to help implement and maintain all kitchen policies for United By Blue’s new flagship location. An aptitude with general culinary practice concerning seasonal produce and meats is key, with a new menu created around American outdoor fare. As the next in leadership to the kitchen manager, this position requires a level of confidence and pro-activity that is greater than the average cook concerning waste reduction, staff guidance, customer engagement, and self-management. Serv-Safe certifications are ideal.
- At least 1 year of supervisory experience in a fast-paced kitchen environment
- Direct reporting to Kitchen Manager
- Support to Kitchen Manager in leading the team in preparation, production, and service of our menu
- Back-up in enforcing efficiency and thoroughness in all facets of the kitchen from chopping and prep to cooking/service and deep cleaning.
- Willingness to work with dietary restrictions and plate changes to order
- Acting as an approachable, front-facing point person for questions from both customers and staff regarding all things kitchen and UBB
- Ability to retain information easily in order to share with customers the United By Blue brand identity, menu offerings (including specials)
- Ultimate time management and multitasking
- Smiling and engaging customers - guiding them through the UBB flagship experience
- Educate and promote the mission, vision, and products of UBB
Personal Attributes and Physical Demands:
- Conscientious and detail-oriented
- Reliably communicative
- Works well on a team and independently
- Personable, outgoing, and engaging
- Diplomacy and compassion
- Environmentally conscious
- Positive attitude
- Sense of urgency and priority with combined tasks
- A love of food and hospitality
- Standing for long periods of time and the ability to the lift 50 lbs
- Paid hourly / wage based on experience
About United By Blue:
United By Blue is an outdoor lifestyle brand with a focus on waterway conservation. Our apparel, bags, and accessories are designed with responsibility and durability at their core.
We hav a high energy, fast paced office environment that is built upon creative thinking and driven by results. Hard work is expected, so we have created a office environment that includes a few dogs, craft coffee, team potlucks, happy hours, volunteer opportunities, and quarterly team trips into the outdoors.
In 2015, Outside Magazine named United By Blue as #3 Best Places to Work in the outdoor industry. We are also a Certified B Corporation, creating a culture that is driven by social and environmental good.
If you are hired for this role, you will work at United By Blue's New Flagship store at 205 Race Street in Philadelphia
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a brief (5-10 sentences) for why you want to work at United By Blue to firstname.lastname@example.org.