Assistant Manager - New York City
The United By Blue assistant store manager at our Manhattan store will be responsible for overseeing employees and day to day operations at this location. The assistant manager will be responsible for working closely with the store manager to ensure that store operations flow smoothly, making sure that the store is fully stocked, and that employees are following company policies/procedures. Any issues that arise pertaining to the stores will be taken care of by this manager with the help of the lead manager.
Employee Training and Maintenance
- Work with Store Manager and Director of Retail to onboard and train new sales associates.
- Keep an eye on clock in and clock out times of employees
- Resolve any issues that arise pertaining to the stores (something breaks, we run out of something, something is dirty, etc) and delegate solutions as needed
- Follow up on tasks given to employees and see them through to completion
- Make sure all employees are performing daily responsibilities at the stores and discuss with specific employees if they neglect to follow procedures
- Work with Operations Manager and Director of Retail to develop training methods and systems for reducing turnover.
Inventory Management and Merchandising
- Keeping an eye on sales reports and communicating feedback from customers to upper management
- Ensure that sales floor is fully stocked with full size runs of apparel and full color runs of bags, contact Operations Manager or Director of Retail if there are items consistently out of stock
- Proactively re-merchandise store as items sell out and ensure that all items are displayed neatly and are easily shoppable.
- Train store staff on proper merchandising practices to keep store neat and orderly at all times.
- Work with Creative Director to learn more about United By Blue merchandising style and best practices
- Work with store manager on re-creating floor sets, adding fixtures to enhance sales, removing fixtures that are not performing
- Going above and beyond in store cleanliness. Taking initiative to clean behind fixtures and to delegate special cleaning tasks to others.
Marketing, Events, and PR
- Work with Store Manager to organize in-store events
- Educate staff on any upcoming events/promotions and ensuring they are properly communicated to customers
- Set up space for events on day-of on an as needed basis
- Serve as host to events and engage with New York Community
This position is full time but will have you working non-traditional hours, including holidays and weekends. You will be able to work when you are needed, which gives you flexibility and doesn’t restrict you to a traditional schedule.
- Past experience in retail or management positions
- Proven track record in achieving sales results
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written
- Superior customer service skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, changing environment
- Strong skills in visual merchandising
- Knowledge in staffing, coaching, counseling, training, and development of employees
How to Apply: E-mail resume and cover letter to email@example.com