We're here to prove that fashion can be a force for good. Through our commitment to sustainable materials, ethical manufacturing, and a zero-plastic policy, we're always searching for better ways to put the planet first.
This person is a key player to the United By Blue team. This role is first and foremost a customer facing, experienced cultivator. Cafe Crew members are the glue that holds together the Retail, Cafe, and Kitchen aspects of the new Flagship in a holistic and engaging manner, while simultaneously promoting UBB’s mission. Cafe Crew is a multifaceted role including, but not limited to, the traditional roles of Barista, Kitchen Staff, Porter, and Sales Associate.
- Customer Greeting and Brand Education
- Greet customers and determine their wants and needs upon arrival at the store
- Ensuring that customers are aware of the United By Blue brand and environmental mission
- Let customers know about any current promotions or new products they may be interested
- Assisting with in-store events and promotions
- Learn the Point of Sale system and understanding proper procedures for check-outs and returns
- Learn how to ring up items accurately
- Learn how to prepare our menu and share your menu knowledge
- Be proactive with up-selling Menu Items
- Conscientious and detail-oriented
- Works well in a team and independently
- Personable, outgoing, and engaging
- Environmentally conscious
- Positive attitude
- Sense of urgency and priority with combined tasks
- A love of food and hospitality
- Ability to lift and carry weight - regularly up to 5 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds
- Standing and walking - must be able to stand for shifts as well as move around the cafe as needed
About United By Blue:
United By Blue is an outdoor lifestyle brand with a focus on waterway conservation. Our apparel, bags, and accessories are designed with responsibility and durability at their core.
In 2015, Outside Magazine named United By Blue as #3 Best Places to Work in the outdoor industry. We are also a Certified B Corporation, creating a culture that is driven by social and environmental good.
205 Race Street, Philadelphia PA (Old City)
How to Apply:
E-mail resume and a few sentences about why you want to work with us to firstname.lastname@example.org