The Cook position at UBB is highly interactive and front-facing to the guests and requires a professional, pleasant, and fun demeanor. An aptitude with general culinary practice concerning seasonal produce and meats is key as well as knife skills and a dedication to kitchen safety. As a full-time position, the Cook is a part of a regular team that will execute the opening menu and ensure consistency of preparation and presentation to our customers in both Grab & Go servings and eat-in dining. Serv-Safe certifications are ideal.
- Support the Kitchen team in executing preparation, production, and service of our menu. This includes all facets of the kitchen team from chopping and prep to cooking/service and deep cleaning.
- Consolidated, clean work habits in a close-working kitchen space
- Act as an approachable, front-facing point person for questions from both customers and staff regarding all things UBB
- Smile and engage customers - guide them through the UBB flagship experience
- Take direction and work with an open mind to build towards a greater food mission
- Willingness to work with dietary restrictions and plate changes to order
- Ultimate time management and multitasking
- Flexibility and willingness to go with the flow in a rapidly growing and changing company
- Operate with a positive, diligent work ethic
- Educate and promote the mission, vision, and products of UBB
- Standing for long periods of time and the ability to lift 50 lbs
Personal Attributes & Physical Demands:
- Conscientious and detail-oriented
- Works well in a team and independently
- Personable, outgoing, and engaging
- Environmentally conscious
- Positive attitude
- Sense of urgency and priority with combined tasks
- A love of food and hospitality
- Ability to lift and carry weight - regularly up to 5 pounds and occasionally up to 50 pounds
- Standing and walking - must be able to stand for shifts as well as move around the cafe as needed
- Cleaning equipment, restocking shelves, organizing inventory, waste management, and drink preparation areas
- Paid hourly / wage based on experience
About United By Blue:
United By Blue is an outdoor lifestyle brand with a focus on waterway conservation. Our apparel, bags, and accessories are designed with responsibility and durability at their core.
We have a high energy, fast paced office environment that is built upon creative thinking and driven by results. Hard work is expected, so we have created a office environment that includes a few dogs, craft coffee, team potlucks, happy hours, volunteer opportunities, and quarterly team trips into the outdoors.
In 2015, Outside Magazine named United By Blue as #3 Best Places to Work in the outdoor industry. We are also a Certified B Corporation, creating a culture that is driven by social and environmental good.
If you are hired for this role, you will work at United By Blue's New Flagship store at 205 Race Street in Philadelphia
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a brief (5-10 sentences) for why you want to work at United By Blue to email@example.com.