Associate Graphic Designer
Overview: United By Blue is looking for an Associate Graphic Designer to help develop our growing product line. If you love the outdoors and are passionate about our brand, consider joining us at our Home Office in Philly to learn more about our highly creative, entrepreneurial environment.
What you’ll do:
- Design, manage and conceptualize graphic elements for United By Blue’s apparel and accessories line including screen printed tees, all-over prints, plaids, and yarn dyes as well as direct to consumer packaging
- Collaborate with Product Designers on trim developments including woven, size, patches, embroideries, screen print, heat transfer, etc.
- Collaborate with Product Designers for comments and approvals on print strike offs, hand looms, trims, and packaging
- Place graphics on technical sketches/ flats for development design packs to send to International & Domestic Partners
- Work with internal cross-functional peers to execute according to a seasonal calendar for sample and bulk production
Who you are:
- 3+ years of experience in graphic product design and development with a solid understanding of the garment and textile manufacturing processes. Additional exposure to the outdoor industry is a plus.
- Experience in package design and preparing packaging layouts for production
- Passion for developing and being around product
- Expert ability to sketch or to communicate design ideas via Illustrator
- Solid understanding of the United By Blue brand with in-depth knowledge of the competitive landscape
- Understanding of product life cycle process from concept to delivery
- General understanding of raw materials
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing and time management skills
- Strong communication and written skills
- Ability to work well within a small team environment; demonstrating strong interpersonal skills
- High sense of urgency and ability to manage multiple priorities
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, portfolio, and a brief (3-5 sentences) for why you want to work at United By Blue to firstname.lastname@example.org
About United By Blue:
United By Blue is here to prove that fashion can be a force for good. Through sustainable materials, ethical manufacturing, and a pledge to become plastic-free (we’re almost there), we're always searching for better ways to put the planet first. We’re a Certified B Corporation, and we’re committed to creating a culture that is driven by social and environmental good.
We have a high-energy, results-oriented office environment built on creative thinking. Our offices are dog-friendly, and we get really good coffee supplied by our flagship store and cafe down the road. We’re partial to team potlucks, happy hours, volunteer opportunities, and our yearly team nature retreat. Our HQ roles are currently all remote due to Covid-19 safety measures, but our offices are open to those who need access to product samples, the photo studio, and other resources.