Overview: The distribution center associate role will be an integral part of day to day operations at United By Blue. In addition to picking and packing both wholesale and ecommerce orders, the distribution center associate will be responsible for keeping track of inventory, inspecting incoming and outgoing products, as well as ensuring all necessary paperwork is provided for larger outgoing shipments. This position is 40 hour per week. You may be asked to occasionally work non-traditional hours including some weekends. Compensation starts at $11.00 hourly. The duration of this role is February - April 2018.
What you’ll do:
- Pick, pack, and ship sales orders accurately and efficiently
- Build and wrap pallets in preparation for freight (LTL) shipments
- Unpack, count, quality check, and receive purchase orders
- Organize and maintain inventory by conducting regular manual counts
- Perform regular cleaning duties
- Report to team coordinator and general manager on unresolved issues during or after each shift
Who you are:
- High attention to detail
- Problem solving skills
- Basic mathematical skills
- Time management skills
- Organizational skills
- Communication and listening proficiency
- High school diploma
- Warehouse experience preferred, but not required
- Familiarity with pick lists, pallet jack, tape gun, and box cutter preferred
- Attention to detail while routinely performing repetitive tasks
- Standing approximately 90% of shift, lifting up to 50 lbs, ability to lean forward and reach often as well as to climb ladders
- Tolerance of varying lighting and climate control
About United By Blue:
United By Blue is an outdoor lifestyle brand with a focus on waterway conservation. Our apparel, bags, and accessories are designed with responsibility and durability at their core.
We have a high energy, fast paced office environment that is built upon creative thinking and driven by results. Hard work is expected, so we have created a office environment that includes a few dogs, craft coffee, team potlucks, happy hours, volunteer opportunities, and team trips into the outdoors.
In 2015, Outside Magazine named United By Blue as #3 Best Places to Work in the outdoor industry. We are also a Certified B Corporation, creating a culture that is driven by social and environmental good.
Northeast Philadelphia (Exit 27 off I-95)
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a brief note (5 sentences) stating why you want to work at United By Blue to: email@example.com.