General Manager [Philadelphia Flagship - Opening Fall 2017]
Title: General Manager of United By Blue’s Flagship Location
Listing Date: March 10, 2017
United By Blue is seeking a General Manager to lead our new Philadelphia flagship location that is opening in Q3 2017. This new 3500 sq foot Flagship is an innovative retail concept that will combine the merchandising and sale of our outdoor apparel and accessories with a full kitchen serving breakfast, brunch and lunch. We are looking for a passionate professional who possesses the experience, leadership skills, and financial acumen to elevate United By Blue by creating the region’s top retail and food destination.
- Oversee each department of the Flagship - including retail, cafe, and kitchen
- Work with home office to set sales goals and work with managers to reach these goals
- Analyze, recommend, and implement methods for improvements to contain/reduce costs and increase sales.
- Monitor all food and beverage products to ensure compliance with company standards and specifications.
- Enforce company standards, policies, and procedures, including sanitation, safety, dress codes, and cash handling.
- Day-to-day facilities management including but not limited to: facilitating repairs, ordering supplies, etc
- Responsible for hiring, training, and evaluation of employees, including termination and promotion. Evaluates departmental and subordinate performance against established standards, goals and objectives.
- Oversees training for assistant managers to ensure the development of their leadership skills, customer service skills, company philosophy and menu & product knowledge, and point of sale knowledge.
- Ensures compliance with health, sanitation, safety, and employment regulations by clearly communicating and reinforcing standards and procedures to all employees.
- Fulfills all record keeping and administrative requirements, including financial records, and employee files and correspondence.
- Event planning, management, and promotion
- Become a leader in the Old City community through networking and collaborating with other shops in the area in order to help Old City businesses thrive as a whole
- Work with Marketing Team at home office to establish marketing agendas and track program effectiveness
- Maintain inventory controls and communicate inventory levels to controller for accounting purposes
- Ensuring compliance with health and safety legislation
- Demonstrates positive interpersonal skills with guests and staff.
- Position is full-time and requires regular, reliable attendance.
- A minimum of 2 years restaurant management experience in a service-driven, well-rated restaurant
- A minimum of 2 years in retail management/leadership role
- High understanding of accounting and financials with full P&L management experience needed in order to run a successful establishment and the proven ability to oversee cost control, labor, management and bottom line profitability
- Experience hiring, training and mentoring managers and hourly staff
- A self-starter who instinctively and consistently creates personal and professional stretch goals and meets them.
- Works well with others with the ability to build trust with the team and work effectively in a highly collaborative team environment
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change.
- Excellent writing and editing skills. Curiosity and ability to think creatively, flexibility, and a sense of humor.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university preferred
About United By Blue:
United By Blue is an outdoor lifestyle brand with a focus on waterway conservation. Our apparel, bags, and accessories are designed with responsibility and durability at their core.
We have a high energy, fast paced office environment that is built upon creative thinking and driven by results. Hard work is expected, so we have created a office environment that includes a few dogs, craft coffee, team potlucks, happy hours, volunteer opportunities, and quarterly team trips into the outdoors.
In 2015, Outside Magazine named United By Blue as #3 Best Places to Work in the outdoor industry. We are also a Certified B Corporation, creating a culture that is driven by social and environmental good.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a brief note for why you want to work at United By Blue to email@example.com
*Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with United By Blue may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.