Title: General Merchandising Manager
Overview: The General Merchandise Manager is responsible for setting the strategic direction and the execution of product design and production to acquire customers and drive growth. You will manage product concept, production, supply chain, reporting, budgets, timelines, and participate in strategy development in a cross functional capacity. The GMM will drive the creative development of our product assortment across all categories for United By Blue’s retail, e-commerce, and wholesale channels.
- Manage and oversee direct reports including: design, graphic design, and production teams.
- Lead cross-functional teams to create cohesive seasonal assortments across all categories – Mens, Womens, and Accessories.
- Direct and approve all seasonal line plans and pricing strategies for all product categories and manage production team’s operational efficiency to ensure time delivery of product.
- Collaborate with merchandise planner on inventory plans to ensure that receipts are targeted to achieve sales opportunities and objectives.
- Partner with wholesale team to ensure that wholesale assortment, pricing, margin needs are reflected in the line plans.
- Act as a key partner with marketing, creative and store teams to ensure a consistent customer experience through both stores and e-commerce.
- Direct seasonal product style/sku counts along with the development of the annual design/production calendar.
- Work with co-founders on a daily basis in developing category business plans, assessing assortment needs, directing sku counts, design direction, reacting to current business and overall product strategy execution, keeping sustainability top of mind.
Who you are:
- 8+ years in a product/merchandising role. Prior experience in design, buying and/or production required.
- Strong foundation in business analytics is a must – must be analytically driven and comfortable manipulating data to make strong business decisions
- People management – ability to lead and manage a team of 6+
- Deep understanding of the product development life cycle – and knowing where to maximize efficiency in this process
- Passion for building, measuring and learning in a fast-paced environment – must have entrepreneurial mindset with a self-motivated sense of ownership
- Solid understanding of the outdoor industry and competitive landscape
- Interest in sustainability and ethical manufacturing standards
How to apply: Please send your resume and a brief (5-10 sentences) about why you want to work at United By Blue to firstname.lastname@example.org