Human Resource Manager
United By Blue is seeking an HR Manager to develop, implement and maintain all HR processes for the company. This role will be responsible for developing a talent pipeline and facilitating hiring and human resource policies, programs, and practices across all UBB properties and employees (home office and retail stores). Additionally, employee onboarding, educational clinics, and team events will be the responsibility of the HR Manager, amongst other enrichment and retention initiatives.
Recruiting & Onboarding
- Maintain talent pipeline by facilitating the creation and posting of job descriptions for all open positions
- Develop and continuously improve a recruiting and interviewing program; conduct initial interviews, coordinate additional interviews, and counsel managers on final candidate selection
- Facilitate creation of a formal internship program and recruitment of candidates
- Ensure new hire paperwork is completed and processed
- Establish and conduct orientation and training programs
Compensation & Benefits Management
- Maintain compensation plans and monitor and schedule individual pay actions – planning and recommending pay changes to leadership.
- Maintain employee benefits programs and inform employees of benefits; recommend benefit programs to leadership, obtain and evaluate benefit contract bids, award benefit contracts, design and conduct educational programs on benefit programs.
- Ensure legal compliance by monitoring and implementing applicable human resource federal and state requirements; conducting investigations, maintaining records, and representing the organization at hearings.
- Ensure planning, monitoring, and appraisal of employee work by training managers to coach, review, and discipline employees
- Hear and resolve employee grievances; counsel employees and supervisors on resolution
- Maintain employee handbook by preparing, updating, and recommending HR policies and procedures. Ensure new policies are communicated and explained to all employees.
- Administer on-the-job training programs to fill gaps in organizational knowledge
Office Culture & Operations
- Plan and organize company events, retreats, and team bonding/building events
- Monitor company culture and morale and work with leadership team to ensure employee workplace happiness
- Responsible for creating and maintaining a productive office that results in a positive workplace culture; identify and solve office issues that may impact productivity and office happiness
- Point person for external office vendors and service providers; cleaners, security, office supply deliveries etc.
- Contribute to UBB’s success by helping with other functions as needed.
Who You Are
- 5+ years in human resource roles
- Strong communication skills – able to navigate and negotiate with employees of all levels
- People management – ability to lead and manage people
- Deep understanding and up-to-date knowledge of human resources policies
- Business acumen – knowledge of how a business works; from budgeting to compensation and organizational strategy
- Passion for building a team, and high EQ in order to assess and measure company culture and identify sources of positivity and negativity
Solid understanding of the outdoor industry and competitive landscape
Please email a resume and brief statement (<700 words) on why you feel that you are a good fit for this internship to email@example.com .