Title: Omni-Channel Merchandiser
Listing Date: Tuesday, March 21st, 2017
Overview: The merchandiser is often responsible for the first interaction a customer has with our brand; how the shirts should be folded, how frequently the windows are manipulated in our brick and mortar stores, and the first product you see on the new arrivals page of the website. All of these consumer touch points are critical to the brand positioning and conversion of the customer and it is the role of the Omni-Channel Merchandiser to assure that these touch points are consistent, effective, and evergreen. This involves working closely with the marketing team to ensure consistent messaging and programing across all channels, working with the product team to forecast trends and plan stock levels, and working with the web team to maximize sales and conversion rates through continuous optimization of product listings.
Responsibilities: The Omni-Channel Merchandiser is responsible for how United By Blue appears across all channels its product is sold - including online, in our brand stores, and via wholesale. Specifically, this individual will work on:
- Responsible for all product listings, placements, and assortments online
- Review sell-through and conversion daily to pinpoint trends and make adjustments to navigation, collection pages, product listings, and product details accordingly
- Develop and manage AB testing of homepage and product listings
- Work closely with marketing to ensure marketing calendar and product features are cohesive and promote compelling shopping experiences
- Develop and execute unique web merchandising strategies for major marketing objectives: The Discovery, Artist Series, Storytellers Series
- Provide actionable feedback to creative team and Photographer to ensure exceptional and accurate product photography
- Monitor trends in outdoor and ecommerce retail to develop opportunities for web development
- Coordinate realistic product launches with marketing and operations teams
- Develop and manage UBB’s seasonal Retail Kit - a planning portal that includes content calendars, seasonal floor plans, brand literature, and marketing initiatives
- Designing window displays and store layouts - and responsible for the procurement of new displays and merchandising collateral as needed
- Build a product and fixture rotation schedule based on sales data that will be executed by the retail staff in each store on a weekly basis
- Develop and execute cohesive and rotating displays to feature The Discovery, Artist Series, and Storyteller Series products
- Coordinate the design and production of all product and event signage online and offline - Ensure signs get up and are taken down on schedule
- Point person for stores to address any issues with product, including quality issues, inventory misses, and UPC/pricing issues
- Responsible for educating managers and store staff about new product - answering staff questions and receiving product feedback
- Work with marketing team and store managers to ensure marketing campaigns and sales talking points are used by store associates to maximize sales
- Enforce a culture of discipline with store management and store associates that ensures stores are merchandised and maintained to the highest standard
- Work with sales team to determine Point Of Purchase (POP) needs of our retail partners
- Develop seasonal POP programs based on best sellers and seasonal marketing initiatives - arrange production based on sales teams forecasted need
- Work closely with key retailers to ensure UBB product is displayed and the brand story is told to maximize success
- Bachelor’s degree or relevant experience
- A minimum 2 years experience in retail merchandising
- A self-starter who instinctively and consistently creates personal and professional stretch goals and meets them
- A deadline driven mindset with the ability to direct others towards goals and standards
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities.
- Entrepreneurial mindset, driven by a balance of creativity, execution, and analysis
About United By Blue:
United By Blue is an outdoor lifestyle brand with a focus on waterway conservation. Our apparel, bags, and accessories are designed with responsibility and durability at their core.
We have a high energy, fast paced office environment that is built upon creative thinking and driven by results. Hard work is expected, so we have created a office environment that includes a few dogs, craft coffee, team potlucks, happy hours, volunteer opportunities, and quarterly team trips into the outdoors.
In 2015, Outside Magazine named United By Blue as #3 Best Places to Work in the outdoor industry. We are also a Certified B Corporation, creating a culture that is driven by social and environmental good.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a brief note for why you want to work at United By Blue to firstname.lastname@example.org
*Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with United By Blue may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.