Store Manager - Walnut Street [Philadelphia]
Title: Store Manager [Walnut St. - Philadelphia]
Listing Date: May 10th, 2017
United By Blue is seeking a Store Manager to lead our Walnut Street location in Philadelphia. The Store Manager will be responsible for all operations, ordering, staffing, and reporting. Our Walnut St. store opened in 2014 and is located in the heart of University City. The 1000 sq foot space houses our innovative “coffeehouse & clothier” concept which features our line of outdoor apparel and accessories alongside a full cafe. This location is both high volume and fast pace, while retaining the charm of an intimate cafe and outdoor shop. We are looking for a passionate professional who possesses the experience, leadership skills, and financial acumen to elevate United By Blue’s presence in University City.
- Oversee entire retail/cafe operation
- Work with home office to set sales goals and work with team members to reach these goals
- Analyze, recommend, and implement methods for improvements to contain/reduce costs and increase sales.
- Monitor all food and beverage products to ensure compliance with company standards and specifications.
- Enforce company standards, policies, and procedures, including sanitation, safety, dress codes, and cash handling.
- Day-to-day facilities management including but not limited to: facilitating repairs, ordering supplies, etc
- Ensures compliance with health, sanitation, safety, and employment regulations by clearly communicating and reinforcing standards and procedures to all employees.
- Fulfills all record keeping and administrative requirements, including financial records, and employee files and correspondence.
Staffing and Scheduling
- Responsible for hiring, training, and evaluation of employees, including termination and promotion.
- Evaluates departmental and subordinate performance against established standards, goals and objectives.
- Oversees training for assistant managers to ensure the development of their leadership skills, customer service skills, company philosophy, menu & product knowledge, and point of sale knowledge.
Inventory Management and Merchandising
- Maintain inventory controls and communicate inventory levels to controller for accounting purposes
- Manage vendor relationships and arrange all food/beverage orders to maintain proper inventory levels
- Place weekly and as-needed product orders from UBB warehouse to keep retail inventory fresh and full.
- Proactively re-merchandise store as items sell out and ensure that all items are displayed neatly and are easily shoppable.
- Train store staff on proper merchandising practices to keep store neat and orderly at all times.
- Work with Marketing Team to ensure consistent standards in merchandising style and best practices.
Reporting and Analysis
- Generate weekly sales reports and analysis
- Review reports, customer data, comments, etc to spot trends
- Think “out-of-the-box” to generate ideas and execute plans to improve sales, store systems, and brand presence
Marketing, Events, and PR
- Work with UBB team to schedule, plan, organize, and publicize in-store speaking, music, and art events
- Set up space for events on day-of
- Serve as host to events and engage with the University City community
- 2+ years in cafe management position
- Understanding of accounting and financials with full P&L management experience
- Ability to oversee cost control, labor, management and bottom line profitability
- Experience hiring, training and mentoring managers and hourly staff
- A self-starter who instinctively and consistently creates personal and professional stretch goals and meets them.
- Works well with others with the ability to build trust with the team and work effectively in a highly collaborative team environment
- Skilled at planning, organizing, prioritizing and executing simultaneous projects and activities.
- Proven ability to work well under pressure and adapt quickly to change.
- ServeSafe Certificate Required
About United By Blue:
United By Blue is an outdoor lifestyle brand with a focus on waterway conservation. Our apparel, bags, and accessories are designed with responsibility and durability at their core.
We have a high energy, fast paced office environment that is built upon creative thinking and driven by results. Hard work is expected, so we have created a office environment that includes a few dogs, craft coffee, team potlucks, happy hours, volunteer opportunities, and quarterly team trips into the outdoors.
In 2015, Outside Magazine named United By Blue as #3 Best Places to Work in the outdoor industry. We are also a Certified B Corporation, creating a culture that is driven by social and environmental good.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a brief note for why you want to work at United By Blue to email@example.com
*Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with United By Blue may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.