Title: UX/UI Designer
Overview: This key position will join an expanding Marketing & Ecommerce team and have the opportunity to create, define and impact the immediate road map and DTC growth. The UX/UI Designer must be a customer champion, and a data-driven creative problem-solver who utilizes quantitative and qualitative data to design innovative solutions to deliver a consistent brand experience throughout all digital touch points. This role will be accountable for establishing a User Experience practice that institutes and leads industry best practices by leveraging research, analytics, and testing in order to constantly refine our platforms and communications. This role is the first of its kind at UBB and will serve as the brand leader for UX/UI and Web Development, while working collaboratively with the rest of the Marketing & Ecommerce team.
What you’ll do:
- Create world-class, user-centered designs through consideration of market research, business requirements, customer feedback, and usability study findings
- Lead projects and concepts/designs through all stages: user flows, sketching, wireframes, interaction design, prototypes, implementation, QA and testing
- Design the UI architecture, interface, and interaction flow of all digital applications
- Manage external development partner to oversee implementation of all front and back end development. Involves establishing workload/sprints, frequent communication, providing detailed direction and feedback, and QA’ing all work.
- Design all digital assets for the site, includes UI and marketing assets.
- Plan/conduct user research and user testing with potential/existing users, then synthesize insights and feedback to help inform the UX solutions
- Maintain clean, organized and detailed UX documentation
- Ensure designs and user interfaces communicate consistent, effective experiences and messages across mobile, desktop, and tablet.
- Evaluate and share the impact of your work with measurements and use of analytics throughout your process.
- Have a close pulse on business performance and KPIs to swiftly identify pain points and propose/roll out solutions
Who you are:
- You have an impeccable design sense, and a keen eye for detail
- Strong technical background to know your way around the back end of the site and effectively communicate with our web development partner
- Previous Shopify experience is a plus.
- Experience working directly with develop ers for implementation of designs
- Passion for all things UI/UX and other areas of design and innovation to resolve user pain points. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
- An understanding of agile development processes and methodologies for a variety of devices, including but not limited to web experiences and native app development
- Strong proficiency with analytics tools
- Ability to perform both qualitative and quantitative analysis, drawing inferences from KPIs and behavior metrics as well as stakeholder interviews, consumer anecdotes, user tests, workshops, etc.
- Previous experience in building eCommerce websites/apps and a strong familiarity with the shopping funnel.
- Maintain a high quality standard of work in a fast-paced environment
- Embrace daily challenges and be resourceful in solving problems
- Contribute to a collaborative culture by maintaining openness to new or different ideas, seeking out and incorporating input from other team members
- Demonstrate a passion for our brand, sustainable living, and the outdoor
About United By Blue:
United By Blue is an outdoor lifestyle brand with a focus on waterway conservation. Our apparel, bags, and accessories are designed with responsibility and durability at their core.
We have a high energy, results-oriented office environment that is built upon creative thinking. Hard work is expected, so we have created a office environment that includes a few dogs, craft coffee, team potlucks, happy hours, volunteer opportunities, and quarterly team trips into the outdoors.
In 2015, Outside Magazine named United By Blue as #3 Best Places to Work in the outdoor industry. We are also a Certified B Corporation, creating a culture that is driven by social and environmental good.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a brief note about why you would be a good fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with United By Blue may include video and phone interviews, written projects, and/or on-site interviews. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.