Your Cart is Empty
These axes are more than just wall art. The Explorers Axe was designed in collaboration with a storied tool manufacturer, a group of explorers, and a talented sign painter. The result is a collection of 5 beautiful, yet functional camp axes.
- Made in USA
- 26" overall length
- 2 lb. head
- Hand sharpened, forged tool-steel head
- Tempered bit hardness of Rc 48-55
- Head coated with black and clear enamel
- American hickory handle. Eye section dried to below 10% moisture content to minimize shrinkage to prevent head loosening
- Made in North Carolina from a family-owned company over 120 years old. Hand painted in Philadelphia.
- The best way to maintain sharpness is to use a flat file, followed by a whetstone. Accidents are less likely when using tools that are sharp
- Prevent rust by wiping or spraying metal parts with light oil during long periods of storage
- To replace a wooden handle, first clean the eye thoroughly. Fit the new handle with a rasp or sandpaper. Store the handle overnight in a warm, dry room to ensure dryness. The hand should be driven in tight, and then drive the wood wedge as far as possible. Saw the handle flush with the tool head
Sign up to get the latest on sales, new releases and more …