Associate Accessories Designer
Associate Accessories Designer
Overview: United By Blue is looking for an Accessories Designer to help develop our growing product line. If you love the outdoors/sustainability and are passionate about our brand, consider joining us at our Home Office in Philly to learn more about our highly creative, entrepreneurial environment.
What you’ll do:
- Design a cohesive omni-channel accessories collection for United by Blue (Bag and small good categories) based on seasonal concept and line plan, adhering to calendar deadlines
- Work with design leadership to implement brand vision and innovation throughout the line, applying market research, trend insight, and customer knowledge
- Research new sustainable materials, manufacturing technologies, and design methodologies
- Own tech pack creation and updates, presentation prep and seasonal research for styles
- Responsible for the administrative work of maintaining style information throughout the season and communicating with vendor partners on a regular basis
- Build and maintain strong partnerships with design & production team, vendor partners, and cross functional crew throughout organization
- Meet costing goals in partnership with production team based on target price points
- Manage Assistant Designer in positive and constructive manner
Who you are:
- You are a team player
- You demonstrate passion for innovation, product creation and manufacturing
- You want to leave the world better than you found it and design for a more sustainable lifestyle
- Preferred 3 years of experience in designing bags and small accessories.
- Some shoe design experience is a plus!
- BS Degree in Industrial Design (or design related field)
- Mastery of the Adobe Suite, CAD and strong understanding of MAC OS
- Strong construction skills as it pertains to soft & hard goods
- Experience in developing and maintaining tech packs to send to vendors.
- Ability to quickly and accurately communicate design vision through detailed sketches. Hand sketching and computer technical drawing skills are required.
- A demonstrated portfolio of work, with clear examples of commercialized designs.
- Excellent multi-tasking and organization skills.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Preferred background in sustainable design
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, portfolio, and a brief (3-5 sentences) for why you want to work at United By Blue to email@example.com
About United By Blue:
United By Blue is here to prove that fashion can be a force for good. Through sustainable materials, ethical manufacturing, and a pledge to become plastic-free (we’re almost there), we're always searching for better ways to put the planet first. We’re a Certified B Corporation, and we’re committed to creating a culture that is driven by social and environmental good.
We have a high-energy, results-oriented office environment built on creative thinking. Our offices are dog-friendly, and we get really good coffee supplied by our flagship store and cafe down the road. We’re partial to team potlucks, happy hours, volunteer opportunities, and our yearly team nature retreat. Our HQ roles are currently all remote due to Covid-19 safety measures, but our offices are open to those who need access to product samples, the photo studio, and other resources.