The United By Blue Production Manager is a key player in managing and improving our manufacturing partners and process. The Production Manager is responsible for managing the supply chain and key calendar dates for our various categories in apparel and accessories. This results driven, problem solving person will partner with the product, planning, and cross-functional teams to oversee key manufacturing dates and processes internally ensuring we achieve delivery, margin and sustainability goals.
- Maintain and develop a well-diversified supply-chain and allocate our production optimally based on sustainability scorecards, IMU goals and maintaining relationships with key vendors
- Negotiate costs, terms and timelines with production partners to ensure best profit margin and delivery dates for the products are achieved
- Oversee production calendars from our various manufacturing partners and ensure that dates are communicated to the product and key cross functional teams
- Ensure that the production team is managing and reviewing all on order styles and deliveries through the WIP, ensuring all systems and PO's reflect correct costs and delivery dates for vendors
- Work closely with designers to execute their design intent with the optimal sustainable materials and cost targets
- Communicate effectively with cross functional teams; update the teams regularly on deliveries and alert the teams of any unexpected issues and negotiates resolutions with vendors
- Document all charge-backs and non-compliance issues for senior management to review
- Manage and mentor the Production Coordinator and Production Assistant
- Grow and maintain an understanding of the sustainable manufacturing marketplace, including but not limited to, Emerging fibers, dye stuffs, finishing techniques, dutys. Etc.
- Attend fittings as needed to ensure design intent and quality standards are met for production
- Ensure production quality standards are set, monitored and adhered to
Who you are:
- Bachelor's Degree in Supply Chain, Logistics, Business or a related field
- 5+ years experience in a production management role. (i.e., T&A Management, transit times, garment and fabric construction, and apparel manufacturing operations) both overseas and domestic. Sustainability experience is a big plus.
- Computer proficiency in MS Office: Outlook, Excel, Word
- Experience with Oracle Netsuite and Google Business a plus
- Effective project management, problem-solving, and negotiation skills
- Extreme attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills - verbal and written
- Ability to prioritize and effectively manage workflow and projects
- Self-Motivated, creative problem solver with a strong sense of urgency
- A strong ability to work with international partners in a wide range of cultures
Please email a resume and brief statement on why you feel that you are a good fit for this internship to email@example.com