Technical Designer - Part Time
Overview: The Technical Designer will work with the design team to support the execution of apparel designs. They will work to provide direction to the team to ensure all of our products are properly fitted and constructed. This role works cross functionally between design and production as well as our vendors.
What you’ll do:
- Work with the Apparel Designers to execute seasonal apparel designs.
- Participate in style handoff meetings to receive new developments.
- Lead fittings across all apparel categories.
- Provide direction to factories on fit, construction, and grade.
- Provide cost solutions through construction or fit choices to meet seasonal retail and margin targets.
- Develop and maintain relationships with domestic and international suppliers.
- Track and receive all development and fit samples, including sample organization.
- Build and maintain technical specs for each season under the direction of the Senior Apparel Designer.
- Develop and improve grade standards season over season.
- Schedule and coordinate fittings including fit model bookings while staying within fit model budget.
- Measure garments to make sure they meet specs before fitting.
Who you are:
- A creative problem solver able to adapt to new information and apply changes quickly and effectively.
- Enjoy a close team environment.
- 4-5 years of experience preferred
- A bachelor degree or higher in Technical Design
- Great understanding of garment construction across all categories including men’s and women’s, knits, structured wovens, dresses swim, outerwear, sweaters and soft accessories,
- Strong understanding of Excel
- Strong skills in Adobe Illustrator.
- Communication skills both verbal and written.
- Ability to prioritize and hit deadlines.
Willingness to switch projects quickly to meet rapidly changing priorities.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume, portfolio, and a brief (3-5 sentences) for why you want to work at United By Blue to email@example.com
About United By Blue:
United By Blue is here to prove that fashion can be a force for good. Through sustainable materials, ethical manufacturing, and a pledge to become plastic-free (we’re almost there), we're always searching for better ways to put the planet first. We’re a Certified B Corporation, and we’re committed to creating a culture that is driven by social and environmental good.
We have a high-energy, results-oriented office environment built on creative thinking. Our offices are dog-friendly, and we get really good coffee supplied by our flagship store and cafe down the road. We’re partial to team potlucks, happy hours, volunteer opportunities, and our yearly team nature retreat. Our HQ roles are currently all remote due to Covid-19 safety measures, but our offices are open to those who need access to product samples, the photo studio, and other resources.