Title: Assistant Store Manager
The Assistant Store Manager position assists the General Manager with store operations to ensure the Flagship location is running smoothly each day. Responsibilities include managing staff, upholding all policies and protocol, the training and development of team members, etc. While we do not require that applicants have experience in BOTH retail and cafe management, we do require applicants to be a self-starter who is keen to problem solving and leading a team. The Assistant Store Manager will also be in charge of helping out with events and other space activation that help build our community in Philadelphia.
What You’ll Do:
- Keeping café fully stocked with perishable goods (milk, cream cheese, pastries, etc) and changing quantities ordered as needed based upon demand
- Ordering dry goods and paper products as needed (oatmeal supplies, sugars, cups, lids, straws, stirrers, coffee bags, etc)
- Problem solving and introducing new items. (ie. Changing up ordering schedule when suppliers are closed, etc)
Employee Training/Scheduling/Team Building
- Executing the hiring and training of each and every employee from start to finish
- Work with GM to develop training methods and systems for reducing turnover
- Help plan team bonding events, activities, etc to contribute to a cohesive and happy UBB team
Reporting and Cash Handling
- Reconcile cash drops weekly and ensure that all proper cash handling procedures are being followed
- Ensure cash drawer is properly stocked with change
- Pull and analyze sales reports in regards to both retail and cafe
- Execute monthly sell through reports of perishable items
- Analyze reports of retail productivity based upon item location in store
- Complete monthly Expensify report and classify expenses properly
Merchandising and Branding
- Work with UBB team and graphic designer to create new signage for specials, new items, etc.
- Manage merchandise on coffee bar to keep it organized and to refresh merchandise
- Keeping store retail organized and tidy, re-merchandising as needed.
Marketing, Events, and PR
- Schedule, plan, organize, and publicize in-store workshops, speakers, music, and art events
- Set up space for events on day-of
- Serve as host to events and work with café staff to procure refreshments for events
- Work with GMs to organize marketing events in the store and around Philadelphia
- Come up with unique ways to reach monthly sales goals, whether it is a new event, promotion, or idea to be implemented in the stores.
- Working with General Manager, you will ensure that each employee has a review/touch base every two months to check in with them (in addition to their initial review two weeks after their first official shift)
- Your formal reviews will be held quarterly with the GM, beginning one month after your start date.
General Store Maintenance
- You will be in charge of making sure that all machinery and appliances are functioning properly within the space
- This includes scheduling any maintenance that may be needed as well as calling the appropriate services to fix appliances as needed
- You thrive in a customer facing environment
- 2+ years management experience
- Excellent verbal communication skills
- Proficient mathematical and accounting skills
- Excellent IT and problem solving skills
- Understanding how to provide the highest level of customer service
- Industry awareness
- Willing to work flexible schedule
- Excellent written and oral communication skill
- Positive attitude
- Sustainability-focused lifestyle
About United By Blue:
United By Blue is an outdoor lifestyle brand with a focus on waterway conservation. Our apparel, bags, and accessories are designed with responsibility and durability at their core.
In 2015, Outside Magazine named United By Blue as #3 Best Places to Work in the outdoor industry. We are also a Certified B Corporation, creating a culture that is driven by social and environmental good.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a brief note for why you want to work at United By Blue to firstname.lastname@example.org