Customer Experience Representative - Holiday
Overview: As a Customer Experience Representative, you will be responsible for communicating with the United By Blue customer via phone, chat, SMS, and email. You will provide top-of-the-line customer service and work to find solutions to customer problems, questions, and concerns. This position is remote and will possibly require pre-determined evening and weekend work hours. Holiday hours may be required.
We will be working as a team to handle 9 am to 9 pm EST coverage, 7 days a week (40 hour week). Shift options will be detailed during your interview.
Example shifts below (but not all):
Monday through Friday, 1 pm to 9 pm EST
Friday through Tuesday, 9 am to 5 pm EST
Contract will run from November 2nd, 2020 through January 1st, 2020 with the potential to extend into January based on volume and needs. Training will take place the week of November 2nd.
What You’ll Do:
- Correspond with customers through chat, SMS, and email in Gorgias to handle inquiries and close out tickets quickly and efficiently with the brand voice in mind
- Communicate with customers over the phone via Aircall. You will pick up customer calls and also work to return voicemail messages
- Monitor response times to ensure that you are staying within our goal service-level agreement
- Locate answers to customer questions and concerns in provided training documentation, updates from the HQ Team, as well as on the United By Blue website
- Document specific issues on provided Google Docs/Google Sheets to relay important information to the HQ Customer Experience Team for deeper investigation
- Work within programs such as Shopify, NRI Extranet, and Returnly (or Happy Returns), to pull order information, locate tracking information, place orders, assist with price changes/discounts, help process returns/exchanges, and send refunds
- Check inventory and provide customers with important order information and updates
- Alert the HQ Customer Experience team of any major customer-facing issues as they arise
- Assign social media tickets and higher escalations to the HQ Team within Gorgias, as well as tickets that you are unable to solve on your own
- Use tags within Gorgias to properly track customer messages based on category (i.e. damages, returns/exchanges, product questions, etc.)
- Partner and communicate with the HQ Customer Experience Team to ensure you’re up-to-speed on proper policies and processes to best assist the UBB customer
- Handle all customer interactions in a kind, helpful, and respectful manner
Who You Are:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with an understanding of the UBB brand voice
- Mild-mannered, respectful, and understanding
- Independent and able to make decisions using best judgement when problem-solving
- Ability to learn quickly and retain brand and policy information
- Excellent organizational, prioritizing and time management skills
- Positive attitude and always willing to help
- Ability to work well under pressure and stay calm when working with a customer
- Team player and accepting of feedback/guidance
- Ability to work remotely and remain focused
- Ability to follow directions and keep up with incoming updates from HQ
What You’ll Need:
- Laptop/Desktop computer with high-speed internet access
- Phone and headset/headphones for Aircall
- Ability to download desktop apps on computer (i.e. Slack, Aircall)
- Quiet, indoor workspace
Education and Experience:
- Associates or Bachelor’s degree preferred
- 1+ year(s) in a Customer Experience role preferred
- Experience with G Suite encouraged (Gmail, Google Sheets, Google Docs, Google Drive)
- Experience with Shopify, Aircall, Gorgias, and/or Returnly a plus
About United By Blue:
United By Blue is an outdoor lifestyle brand with a focus on waterway conservation. Our apparel, bags, and accessories are designed with responsibility and durability at their core.
In 2015, Outside Magazine named United By Blue as #3 Best Places to Work in the outdoor industry. We are also a Certified B Corporation, creating a culture that is driven by social and environmental good.
How to Apply:
Please send your resume and a brief note about why you would be a good fit for this position to firstname.lastname@example.org.
*Please note before submitting an application: as a company, we take hiring very seriously. Interviewing with United By Blue may include video and phone interviews and written projects. Although we are unable to follow-up with each and every applicant, we do our best to run a thorough process for candidates with whom we identify a potential fit.
Applications will be accepted through October 18th, 2020. Interviews to take place between October 19th and October 30th.